The successful applicant will benefit from a pay rate in the region of 13.00 - 15.00 per hour alongside a 36.5 hour working week (4 or 5 days per week), free life insurance (x2 of annual salary) and flexible holidays totalling 227 hours per annum.
The position is a permanent role with opportunity to gain further skillsets.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Programming, Setting and operating Walter CNC Grinding machines with either Toolstudio or WWM software.
• Interpreting and working accurately from Engineering Drawings
• Working to customer specifications producing high precision cutting tools
• Maintain and monitor own quality control using Micrometers , Profile Projectors and Toolcheck CNC equipment.
The ideal CNC Grinder:
• Experienced within a cutting tool manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Walter Toolstudio and WWM (Walter Window Mode) software.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
• Flexibility towards working hours.
• Reliable, consistent and punctual.
• Be a proactive team player.
• Willingness to extend their own skill sets through on-site training.
• Knowledge of working with carbide, high-speed steel and Brazed Insert cutting Tools.
• Prior experience with manual Grinding equipment (Tool and Cutter Grinder / Wickman OPG / Brierly etc ) would be advantageous and make it easier to develop the role more quickly.
• Experience within Wire EDM, Induction Brazing, Profile Grinding, CNC Cylindrical would also be beneficial and allow further opportunities.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.Manu1