An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Training Engineer, specialising in providing teaching and guidance in the field of Electrical Engineering, ideally with experience of Automotive/Electric Vehicles (EV), to join an established, cohesive team of Trainers and Technical Consultants.
Ambitions to develop professionally within the area of Learning and Development will be encouraged and supported for any suitably qualified candidates applying from an Electrical Engineering background.
Post Title: Training Engineer
Responsible To: Director
Salary: Competitive, negotiable on experience (C. 30,000 - 40,000 per annum)
As the Training Engineer, you'll need to:
• Devise technical training programs according to organisational requirements.
• Produce training schedules and classroom agenda.
• Determine course content according to objectives.
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets, exercises etc).
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually.
• Execute training sessions at premises or at customers sites, within the UK and globally
• Complete delegate competency assessments individually or as part of a group.
• Comply with equality and diversity policy.
• Be aware and identify any issues relating to delegate safeguarding.
• Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training programs.
• Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
• Develop courses in readiness for external accreditation.
• Comply with quality procedures to ISO 9001.
• Comply with external quality assurance procedures and requirements for course accreditations.
You will need to have:
• Electrical engineering knowledge educated to HNC, HND or Degree Level.
• Teaching competencies or qualifications, or the ability to work towards these.
• Experience working within electrical engineering or automotive sector.
• Be a member of or working towards membership of a registered institute (IET etc)
• Have a full UK or international driving licence.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly used office packages
• The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
• Good teamworking skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
• The ability to manage your own workload
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
• A problem-solving approach to work
Workforce Technical are responsible for placing skilled and in-demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.