Workshop Team Leader Full time -Monday to Friday - Salary 35k to 44k dependent upon experience - 20 mile radius max to Honeybourne.
• Qualified HGV Technician minimum
• 40% of time on the tools in workshop and 60% office
• Must be able to work on HGV vehicles, completing inspections and maintenance repairs, and diagnostics
• Booking system for the inspections due that week (with availability information obtained via the planners) & live feedback when completed so we can update everyone - immediately followed by a checked & signed off inspection sheet. Ensure no vehicles go over the planned inspection week-end date.
• Being actively involved in the defect process - tracking down units & trailers that have had defects raised & getting them into the workshop and repaired (via transport planners) at the earliest opportunity.
• Any vehicle coming into the workshop to have a job card completed by the technician (even for something minor like a bulb) this will ensure anything that has been defected is signed off and removed from the outstanding defect list at the earliest opportunity.
• Ensure all VOR status is updated and correctly passed on and update the relevant spreadsheets, documents & email out a relevant update daily. Signing the VOR sheet off when completed & ensuring/checking with admin that it's not overdue anything whilst it's been VOR.
• Joint ordering of parts & issuing PO's - look at costings. Work to budgets
• Ordering tyres & sorting out tyre stocks, sourcing best prices.
• Arranging newly delivered stock & put away (themselves or by delegation).
• Sorting out parts storage and stock. Both Truckstop & Motus are prepared to come in an assist in getting a usable stock rotation system. Better & more concise consumable stock. Be able to complete Stock takes
• Capable of using the year planner spreadsheet and covering parts of workshop admin when necessary to cover holiday etc.
• Prepping HGV's for MOT's and taking to test Centre when required
• HGV Licence - A MUST
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.