DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Bench Joiner / Workshop Manager will be responsible for and will be expected to carry out the following:
This list is not exhaustive.
• All aspects of Health & Safety. Our consultants and Contracts Manager will carry out audits in addition to your inspections.
• Promoting best practice in health and safety for all personnel in the workshop and encouraging a Don't Walk By policy.
• Ensure RAMS are understood and signed prior to each operation. Does the method match the RAMS?
• Making sure all operatives and workshop visitors are wearing correct PPE
• Day to day supervision and management of the workshop, coordinated with the Contracts Manager
• Managing the programme
• Ensure all drawings required are received, chase up any that may be missing
• Review and discuss drawings details with architects and designers
• Where necessary, carry out site surveys and take site sizes
• Arrange deliveries of joinery to sites ensuring access and lift requirements are met
• Forward plan all labour requirements
• Interview potential new team members
• Manage joinery team to ensure all members are proactive, trustworthy and are producing high quality work
• Any variations must be reported to the Companies QS to ensure instruction is provided.
• Be proactive to ensure materials are received in good time to avoid production waiting. (Again material orders by the office)
• Use the most cost efficient methods and control costs
The qualities, skills, experience and qualifications we are looking for in the person we would like to employ are:
• Honesty and integrity
• Team player
• Smart and presentable
• Ideally live locally to Wolverhampton
• Excellent time keeping skills
• Effective prioritisation skills
• Clear communication skills both orally and written
• Basic computer skills (the ability to read and send emails)
• Must be able to motivate a team and lead by example
• Able to read drawings and provide take off for ordering
• Minimum of 10 years joinery shop experience including management, ideally with good experience of bar, counters and cubicles. (Most of our work is bespoke).
• SSSTS Certification
• First Aid at Work Certification
• BTEC / NVQ 3 / City & Guilds ideally in Carpentry or similar
• SMSTS Certification
• Banksman Certification
• Fire Warden
• CSCS Card
• Full UK Driving Licence