The Production Supervisor is responsible for planning and controlling the manufacturing process within designated department(s). Responsible for culture setting, strategic planning, balancing capacity to demand, monitoring and scheduling of staff and work operations in the department in a safe, quality oriented, and efficient manner. Also responsible for employment decisions, reviews, back to work interviews, absence and performance monitoring and overall development of department associates.
1. Evaluate the manufacturing process and give direction as needed. Ensure processes follow Safe, Quality, Manufacturing Practices and Procedures.
2. Review product specifications and process. Inspect product to verify conformance to specifications.
3. Study production schedules with the Projects / Production Teams and estimate employee hour requirements. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
4. Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
5. Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of production department and operatives.
6. Evaluate needs and requirements for new products or processes.
7. Support departmental support staff to achieve agreed objectives.
8. Maintain time and production records and to ensure Kiosk is being used by all associates.
9. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve goals.
10. Interpret and enforce company policies, safety regulations and quality methods to the operatives.
11. Analyse and or assist in resolving work related issues / problems and complaints etc.
12. Keep a tidy / safe working environment at all times
Education & Experience;
1. Attention to detail
2. Good communicator
3. PC literate with good administration skills
4. Ability to prioritise workload
5. Flexible and trustworthy
6. Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
8. Experience with lean methodologies.
9. Experience within a manufacturing environment.
10. Experience of working to tight deadlines.
11. Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication* and tube bend manipulation*
12. Able to read and understand engineering drawings, material and parts specifications.
13. Be customer focused.
14. Have a good understanding of production procedures and planning constraints.
15. Ideally have experience using MIEtrak.
- Full time position - 39 hours per week.
- Monday to Thursday 6.45am to 4.45pm (30-minute un-paid break)
- 20 days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Salary: circa 25k to 30k per annum
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.