Estimator (Sheet Metal Fabrications)
Main purpose/function of job:
• Responsible for executing high-quality accurate detailed cost estimates in the Estimating department.
• Understanding the clients' needs and meeting their expectations.
Main Duties (including supervisory and task responsibilities):
• Costing and preparation of bespoke fabrication quotations
• Accurately and efficiently compile customer quotes, in an effective and timely manner.
• Communicate with customer regarding any specific requirements and ensure that any communication with the customer is documented.
• Source external prices from suppliers where necessary.
• Be the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
• Respond to questions and queries both internally and from our customers
• Support Sales/Marketing team by communicating with customers when directed to do so.
• Any other duties commensurate with the post.
Personal Qualities, Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Experience within the Sheet Metal / Fabrication industry is essential.
• Be able to prepare and issue RFQ packages and analyse returned quotations from a commercial and technical viewpoint.
• Good contractual acumen and experienced in the production of fixed price, target cost and reimbursable estimates
• Organised, resilient, energetic, proactive, and results driven.
• Good arithmetic & computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Trutops Fab
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Clear communicator with good influencing and motivational skills
Monday - Thursday07.30am - 16.45pm
Friday 07.30am - 12.30pm
Negotiable, up to 25,000 per annum
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.