Job Title: Lead Manufacturing Process Engineer
Work Location Pershore
Reports To (Line Manager): Managing Director
Your main purpose is:
The primary responsibility of the Lead Production Engineer is to effectively lead the production engineering function to continuously drive and improve the manufacturing processes in order to ensure production of high quality fabrications and machined parts for the Military Vehicle and Railway industries with respect to Quality, Cost, Delivery and Safety.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
• Documenting production procedures and create Company standards to improve the efficiency of Production.
• Collaborate with Quality Department to identify and implement ongoing quality improvements.
• Develop and implement production processes for new products, product enhancements and product changes. Install related fixtures and tooling, as required.
• Work with development engineering team, (both internal and external) to transition proprietary products from development phase to production phase through production engineering solutions, compliant with engineering quality standards.
• Minimize overall production costs while maximizing productivity.
• Collect, analyse, summarize, and present production and process data, information, and trends to management.
• Support process engineering change notice (ECN) and related Material Review Board (MRB) activities, as required. Actively finding ways to reduce non-conformances.
• Assist in the evaluation of returned materials/products.
• Participate with production team and quality team to reduce scrap and rework costs.
• Review internal operational facility layouts for process improvement.
• Assist development of sub-contract supply chain through application of robust process for outsourcing and return of work.
• Estimate staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
• Lead develop and mentor the Production Engineering team.
• Understanding of manufacturing BoM's and Routings by interpreting customer and internal design drawings.
• Ability to read, understand, interpret and signoff engineering drawings for manufacturing.
• Liaise and support customers and stake holders as required.
• Documenting changes to drawings in accordance with our ISO9001 system.
• Identify and implement continuous improvements to the Company's production processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. HND/C Minimum.
• Deep knowledge of manufacturing and production processes and concepts.
• Knowledge of machining, laser cutting, brake pressing, punching, welding etc
• Experience of working within a sheet metal fabrications environment.
• Strong knowledge of ISO standards.
• The ability to perform a multi-task job and adjust priorities as appropriate.
• Experience of working in a process led environment.
• Self-motivated, dynamic individual who can meet production timescales.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Action and detail oriented, having a drive for success.
• Ambition for personal development and career growth in a senior engineering leadership role, including customer facing responsibilities.
• Able to interpret and apply policies and procedures appropriately.
• The ability to work effectively in a team situation as well as independently.
• Good analytical, problem solving and attention to detail.
• Ability to identify the root cause of an issue and resolve any performance blockers.
• Able to work calm under pressure
• Aptitude for continuous improvement
• A high level of resilience
• Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
• Good organisational skills, able to manage and prioritise own workload and meet deadlines in a very timely manner.
• Experience of Solidworks Cad Package.
• Effective utilisation of SAGE 200 system or a similar ERP.
• High competency of ICT Skills / IT systems and applications including MS Word and Excel
Working Days Monday - Friday (subject to change depending on business requirements)
Working Hours 7:45 - 17:15 / 7:45 - 13:00 Fri 40 hours of work per week.
You may be expected to work any additional hours depending on business requirements.
Covid - 19 Considerations
To keep all staff safe handwashing is mandatory throughout the day and upon entering and exiting the building. Additional cleaning has been implemented during the day and all staff have access to cleaning materials to regularly clean workstations.