The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Carry out inspection and repair work to company/customer's vehicles, to VOSA standards.
• Identify and escalate if any additional work is required.
• Ensure the work undertaken is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with instructions and customer SLAs
• Ensure resources are used in a safe manner.
• Adhere strictly to Health, Safety & Environmental guidelines.
• Completion, in a detailed and appropriate manner, of all relevant paperwork.
• Endeavour to reduce vehicle down time to a minimum.
• Carryout breakdown maintenance/repair work.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
• Hold a relevant qualification such as City & Guilds Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance, City & Guilds Vehicle Maintenance and Repair or Level 2/3 Apprenticeship in HGV Maintenance and Repair.
• Previous experience within an HGV technician role or equivalent (experience in a mobile role would be advantageous)
• Hold knowledge of typical maintenance work on commercial vehicles.
• Have a good knowledge of all H,S&E regulations.
• Be flexible to meet the volumes of work that may arise.
• Have good communication and organisational skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Holding a HGV licence would be advantageous, at least Class 2 is required.