• adhere to all statutory requirement regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
• participate in cross / multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
• carry out any reasonable instruction as directed by a Manager [or Director]
• deal with all internal and external customers in courteous manner at all times.
• attend any training sessions as requested and adhere to all company regulations.
• from time to time you may be required to carry out duties outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested by Management.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Defect and Maintenance Work - Planned Maintenance
• Carry out Preventative Maintenance on HGV & LGV vehicles in accordance with Customer & Company policies, DVSA standards, in a timely manner to fulfil contractual requirements.
• Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment in compliance with Company and legislative requirements.
• Utilise company diagnostic IT equipment to quickly identify the vehicle issues and speed up the response to resolve.
• Undertake an inspection, in line with manufacturer and industry guidelines to ensure the appropriate levels of inspection standards are achieved.
Vehicle Documentation - Repair
• To ensure that all necessary vehicle documentation is produced in a timely manner and provided to the workshop office as necessary
• Complete all Legal documentation inc. service sheets upon the immediate completion of the service being carried out.
• Ensure all parts used and labour time spent is clearly identified to ensure we are billing customers correctly.
Health, Safety and Environment
• Understand and fully comply with all Health and Safety policies and practices in place at the location at which work is being carried out.
• Ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn and in a usable condition.
• Be aware and follow all Environmental guidelines in relation to the work being carried out in the location to ensure policy guidelines are maintained.
• Ensure that all stakeholders are kept up to date with the progress of any jobs being worked on, including at then handover of job completion and shift change over.
• Ensure all paperwork produced is legible and accurate to ensure vehicle status and condition is clearly communicated.
• To ensure that you are aware of and working in line with the companies Quality Policies and Procedures.
• Undertake activities as required to ensure that all corrective actions which are identified as part of the Quality standards are completed in a timely manner.
To perform the job role successfully, the role holder must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform in the role.